N2Africa M&E Training Workshop 25-26 November 2014 ILRI Campus, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The overall objective of the workshop is to have a common understanding of the performance monitoring plan by partners especially areas of impact measurements. Specific objectives will include:
- To understand the N2Africa Theory of change at the country level (linking major challenge areas to overall objective of N2Africa)
- To gain a common understanding of milestones/indicators and their data requirements to be able to monitor the progress made.
- To review and apprise partners with data collection processes including roles and responsibilities for data collection and reporting: using flow charts in the M&E plan
- To discuss and adopt data collection tools for country level data collection and reporting.
- Country teams understand the linkages between the various activity areas and the overall objective of the project.
- M&E framework agreed upon and operationalized; i.e. common understanding of milestones, indicators and their data requirements
- Achieve clarity in data collection processes, responsibilities, analysis and reporting procedures
- A final data collection tool for data collection and reporting adopted at country level.
|Day 1: 25 November 2014|
|9:00-9:05||Opening of the workshop||Alan|
|9:05-9:30||Program introduction, -Participants introductions and expectations,||Tamiru|
|9:30-10:00||Project Overview: -Training objective and expected outputs||Endalkachew|
|10:00-10:30||Theory of Change: General perspective||Theresa|
|10:45-11:30||Theory of Change: N2Africa perspective||Theresa|
|11:30-12:30||Presentation/discussions of milestones: Milestones with respective indicators, definitions and data requirements||Theresa|
|13:30-15:00||Presentation/discussions of milestones: Milestones with respective indicators, definitions and data requirements||Theresa|
|15:00-15:30||Presentation of tools (types/purpose)||Endalkachew|
|15:30-16:00||Group Discussion of tools||Group work/Group facilitators|
|16:00-16:15||Break Roll-out coffee as part of group work|
|16:15-17:00||Group Discussion of tools||Group work/Group facilitators|
|17:00||End of day 1|
|Day 2: 26 November 2014|
|8:30-9:00||Recap of day 1 including unfinished business||Birhan|
|9:00-10:15||Presentation and discussion of inputs into tools: Specific inputs to be discussed, accepted||Group leaders|
|10:30-12:30||M&E Processes for data collection, analysis and reporting: Presentation/discussion of flow chart;||Theresa|
|13:30-14:30||Discussion on Partner reporting template||Endalkachew|