Steps - Map existing networks
- E.g. SNV – chickpea (Debre Zeit), noug, niger seed, linseed, barley, haricot bean (Shashemene, Adama)
- ACDI –VOCA – chickpea (Wolliso), sesame, wheat, honey, coffee,
- Decide on scope of MSP’s for N2 Africa
- Focused on locations or commodities? Debre Zeit for chickpea
- How do MSP’s relate to PPP work? How formal should MSP’s be?
- Think about scale – nested platforms? Regional and local platforms?
- Preliminary context analysis – characterize innovation system.
- Mapping of key actors
- Identification of key issues for each value chain (some generic issues)
- Develop ToR’s of N2Africa platforms
- Who facilitates? Probably facilitated by NGO with documentation by project.
- MSP financing –Per diem policy? Logistics.
- Actions at what level – production, trade, policy?
- Leading to MoU?
- Convene initial meetings and develop actions
- Gather actors
- Identify VC constraints
- Design and implementing actions via rolling action plan
- Follow up of action plan to ensure progress
- Monitoring. How to assess success? No of business arrangements emerging from platforms? Sale volumes? Number of sector issues addressed?