Report of group (day 1 - outcomes)
Report of group (day 2 - planning)
Rough notes from Alan on Day 1 group work:
Intersections between women and legumes
- Key role in production and post-harvest handling
- Not consulted in decision making on resource allocation
- Not involved in marketing large quantities of produce
- Lack access to business development services
- Lack labour saving technologies
- Capacity (knowledge and skills) is low because culture prevents them participating in trainings
How could better women’s empowerment lead to better legume production and vice versa?
- Need to involve key stakeholders in the project to address gender disparities - Sensitize households on need to fully engage women in the project - Training should target women - Link women to networks that can help them access financial services and alternative energy, labour-saving technologies etc.